The Blah, Blah, Blog

This is not your father's blog.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Jedi

It's been thirteen years in the making.

It's an accomplishment I'm incredibly proud of.

It's almost entirely meaningless to anyone but me.

Tonight, I made Jedi.

Well, not quite. I've posted before about Kobra mud. It's the Star Wars based mud I've been playing for five odd years now. Same one I played for a year or so back in college before losing my internet connection for almost a decade.

You start at level one and advance through solving missions and gaining experience. you get to level 19 and when you next advance, you become a Jedi.

That's how it worked back in '93. Hell, that's how it worked in '03. But things change. When they made mission info legal back in '03 or so, they changed other things and you can only Jedi if you are approved by the current Arches. And they really, really want you to code. And I can't. Just don't know how. So I'm not even going to request approval.

So my character will continue to advance. Now I'm level 20, soon I'll be 21, and on and on.

But in my heart, I've just Jedied.

And it is good.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Stephen Tilson said…

    Congratulations. Any of the old Jedis or arches still there?

    I've tried getting on a few times over the years. Never been successful and I usually give up after a few minutes of trying. Just as well, I guess. The way that game ate up my time back in the day...

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger David Worrell said…

    I don't really remember who was who from the old days. I'm pretty sure some are still kicking. They had that huge "theme war" several years back that made a lot of people leave in protest, and real life took out a few, but some are the original people. I've met a few that played back then, too, and have recently returned, but I don't really remember them.

    If you get the inkling to log on, I've found this is the most painless way, if you've got telnet or something similar:

    http://www.mudconnector.com/mud-bin/adv_search.cgi?Mode=MUD&mud=KoBra

    Just click on "Connect to Kobra", cast a vote, and click on the link they give you.

    You might be interested in poking around here:

    http://www.mindspring.com/~kobra/

    It's got a lot of good information and is sure to bring back a lot of old memories and pique your curiosity over how things have changed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home