The Blah, Blah, Blog

This is not your father's blog.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Round 2, Loss 2

Not a lot to tell. Another 5 dollar 45 man tourney. Early on I called a minimum raise with sixes. Four other callers. Flop was 64Q rainbow. Three checks and an all in. I called. Actually raised all in, but the raise was negligible. Everyone else folds. He turns over 8s. I have around 3700, which is a great start to these things. I'm set to pick my spots until well into the tourney. I needed it, too, because I got no cards for forever and I'm not really the stealing type. I guess I need to work that into my game more, though, at least once in a blue moon, if not regularly.

Had one hand where I had did try to steal, but it wasn't in the best spot. Had suited connectors, 6th position. Problem was, first position limped. I raised, they folded, but he called. Then he bets on the flop. I'm thinking he had a high pair. I actually had a straight draw, but it wasn't worth it to me. Started to worry, but caught AQ suited with two limpers in front of me. I did a pot bet and everyone folded. That helped things a little, but I still needed more. Won a blind from a limp when I was in the BB. Caught AT suited and went all in, making four limpers fold. That netted me about a grand. I was getting in better shape.

Raised with KQ from the button and got one caller after several limpers folded. Flop was 9Q9, two diamonds. He checked, I bet the pot, which was pretty much an all in bet. He looked like he wanted to call, but he folded. I didn't check, but I'm in pretty good shape now. Caught AK. Had a raise in front of me. I reraised.Everyone folded he called. Flop is 7JT. He min bets. I call. Turn is a nine. He min bets. I decide not to see a river and try to raise him off the pot. Fairly stiff raise. He comes over the top. I know I'm beat, but the pot is huge and I've only got a grand left afterwards. Probably smarter to fold. He turns ovewr the straight. I'm a little ticked that he called a reraise with KQ, but my reraise probably wasn't big enough. Bigger than a minimum, but not as big as I should have.

So I'm out 15th. Regret that last hand. Raising there isn't my normal move, and I really should have been more wary from the start. Really disappointed in my play there. I was in good shape to make the final table, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home